Here’s how we explaining about the process for censoring a short film in India. Now days the censor certificate is mandatory for short films, because, almost all the film festivals accepts the entry of the short films that have a censored certificate. Also, for showing the short film on Mini screen, the censored certificate is mandatory.
According to the Indian Censor Board, The short Films are categorized into two: The First one is Indian Short Films and the second One is Imported Short Films. The Films that made In India, called as Indian Short Films, and the short films made out of India called as Imported Short Films.
(Please Note: – The rule is similar for censoring Documentary films and Music Videos)
Documents Needed For Censoring an Indian Short Film
- Completely Filled application Form
- Total 5 Copies Of synopsis Of Film that written In English Language
- One Copy Of the script (Included with the dialogues)
- A Permission letter from the head of your Institution, which stated that he/she allowing you to apply for a censor certificate. (This letter is needed only if you are censoring the short film in educational film category)
- A lab letter (Editor’s) letter also included with your film, which certifying the total length of the film and a declaring letter that ‘Film is Completed and ready for the Preview.’
- One DVD of your Short film (Must label ‘Censor Board Copy’ on right hand bottom corner of your film) also included in the Submission kit. Don’t forget to add these details (name of your short film, Contact address of producer and name of director/producer) on the back of your DVD.
- Then, take Demand draft (Screening Fee + Certification fee) in favour of the designated Accounts officer in the region. (See External Link 1 for getting details about the censor fee)
Now, along with the documents, apply for the film censorship near at CBFC office. The Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) headquartered at Mumbai, also it have eight regional Offices in India. Usually, they offer censor certificate within fourteen days. (See External Link 2 to know about CBFC’S types of censor certificate (film rating)).
Documents Needed For Censoring an Imported Short Film To India
- Duly Filled application Form
- Demand draft (see external link 1 for submission fees) in favour of the designated Pay and Accounts Officer in the Region
- A letter or copy of agreement from the original producer/ Copyright holder stating about the agreement.
- A certified copy of-Purchase order (Invoice), bill of entry and customs statement about the arrival of the film to India in the name of Importer-also needed for the certification.
- Five Copies of Synopsis (written in English, also the Importer/applicant signed in all pages of synopsis) and one copy of the script (the Importer/applicant signed in all pages of script) must also Included in the submission kit.
- DVD Copy of your Film
- CBFC will accept application for certification of imported films/videos only on production of Bill of Entry through OGL.
Now, forward your documents to the censor board office, they review the film. After that, they had given you permission for theatrical release In India.
- External Link 1 – Censor Fee Details
- External Link 2 – Central Board Of Film Certification Film rating
How to censor a feature film in India- The step by step explanation, Online Registration CFBC, Rules and Regulation for Movie Registration
Add Your Comments Below!