What are the list of equipments you actually required for making a movie? Here’s a well explained article on It. Know here the camera, tripod, Sound Designing Equipments, Video Editing Software and other Low budget gears used for the film production. A Person who hasn’t have any experience in the film Industry, but looking for a chance to ‘in’ and interested in learning the making of a film must think what are the equipments needed for making a film?
The selection of filmmaking equipments, crews and the locations are depended on the basis of your Budget. However, there are some mandatory things (means you have money or not, you needed some essential things to make a movie) for the movie production. This article has given the best explanation about it.
- Camera: The Camera is the vital part of the Film Production. The Type of camera that you need will decide on the type of the film that you want to shoot. If it is a feature film, you need high resolution HD cameras like Red Epic, ARRI, and Sony F5 and if it is a short Film the professional DSLR cameras like Canon 7D, 5D, etc, is enough.
Also Read: Type of Cameras Used in Filmmaking
- Lens: If you are shooting with DSLR Camera, you have to consider at least two to five lenses; The lenses give you a different perspective for your scenes.
- Tripod: Like Camera, this is essential filmmaking equipment. Shooting a film with a tripod mounted camera will give you zero-shake videos. A usual tripod price range is in between $20 to $70 USD.
- Video Tape/ 1-2 External Memory Card/Hard Drive: Depending on the type of camera, you have to take one or two external storage devices. The Video Tapes are used in film roll using cameras and the Memory card/external hard discs are used in Digital cameras.
Also Read: How to take Online Backup of your shooted Videos?
- Reflector: Through the use of a reflector, you can avoid the dark shades shown right under the eyes of the actor and it gives a tinsel glittering appearance.
- Lighting: Selection Of set Light is depended on the basis of your budget. The three point lighting kit (Available on Online stores) is affordable and good for movies producing with a limited budget or otherwise if you can afford High budget, you can use the advanced set lights like Redhead Light, , incandescent lamp or Arc Lamp.
Watch Redhead set Light Tutorial
- Laptop: A laptop is essential in film shooting set for taking an instant backup for your shooted videos and previewing/editing the script.
- Monitor: If you want to notice an instant preview of your shooting videos, consider a monitor. It will undoubtedly useful for making the error free videos.
- Dolly: Certainly your film must have some track shots, Right? Then, dolly is important
10 Cranes: Cranes are not at all mandatory in every production, but if one such is affordable, then consider it. Some industry using film cranes are Jimmy Jib Crane, akela crane and 40 Ft crane.
Jimmy Jib Crane: 100 USD /day
Akela Crane: 500 USD/day
40 Ft crane : 70 USD/day
Watch The Demonstration of akela crane
- Microphones: The use of microphone in ‘On-location’ helps you to avoid the studio recording expenses. Basically there are three kinds of Microphones-
- Shotgun Microphone (Attached with a DSLR camera)
- Handheld microphones (a usual microphone, which we commonly found in hands of public speakers)
- Lapel Microphones (Used in Television Interviews)
External Link: Starkinsider’s Article- Top 5 best ShotGun Microphones
- Boom Pole + Head Phone: The Boom Pole sound recording is comparatively costlier, but professional. Typically by using the boom mike, you can produce great quality sounds than producing from any other equipment.
- Audio (XLR) Cables + Usual Mic : In case you don’t wish to move with a Boom Mic Setup, then use this (Audio (XLR) Cables + Usual Mic) Utility. According to the Curtis Judd’s review, the equipment has two XLR inputs that tested and found it can record less external noise capturing videos. The average Price of this equipment is $200 USD
- TASCAM DR-60D Mk II: This equipment is specially made for The DSLR users. You can easily fix this equipment above the Tripod and then you can fix your DSLR above this TASCAM DR-60D Mk II recording equipment.
(Add Your Comments Below)
Tags : Filmmaking Equipments List. Indie Filmmaking Equipment, Basic Filmmaking Equipments, Filmmaking equipments for low budget filmmaking