In the digital age, information is accessible to everyone through internet on every aspect of film and filmmaking. But, finding relevant and genuine information might be hard to find in this ocean of knowledge.
In this article we are listing 10 Best Websites and Blogs for filmmakers –
- IndieWire- (http://www.indiewire.com/ )
The indieWIRE was launched as a newsletter in 1996, providing news service for independent film. It was launched by filmmakers and writers Eugene Hernandez, Mark Rabinowitz, Cheri Barner, Roberto A. Quezada and Mark L. Feinsod.
IndieWire has since grown into a reliable source for film and television news, reviews, interviews, global festival coverage, etc. It is a must visit website for every independent filmmaker.
Website Rank: 5,290
- Videomaker (https://www.videomaker.com/ )
Videomaker was founded as a print magazine in 1985 by Matt York. Matt was a filmmaking enthusiast and his search for a good video making magazine search left him empty handed and he decided to launch a magazine for video camera users called Videomaker . Through various financial struggles Videomaker has survived to become one of the most popular video making magazine.
In the website, you can find latest news and unbiased reviews, tips and techniques video, learn about various products and technologies.
Website Rank: 26,107
- FilmmakerIQ (http://filmmakeriq.com/ )
FilmmakerIQ was launched in 2008 by a group of filmmakers and enthusiasts to celebrate the digital revolution in filmmaking.
They provide how-to articles, tips, videos, videos about filmmaking, film theory and film history. The quality of their videos and articles has made them the most popular filmmaking website. Any film enthusiast will find something here.
Website Rank: 129,249
- Senses of Cinema (http://sensesofcinema.com/ )
Senses of Cinema was founded by filmmaker Bill Mousoulis in 1999 as an online film magazine. It contains article from renowned film critics including critical essays, career overviews of the works of great directors, and coverage of many international festivals. It also publishes interviews of film personalities.
Senses of Cinema maintain a database of career overview essays on “great directors.” giving a critical perspective on their works.
Website Rank: 296,288
- Film Comment (http://www.filmcomment.com/ )
Film Comment was founded by Joseph Blanco in 1962 as a print magazine in New York during the boom years of the New American Cinema.
Film Comment contains analysis of mainstream, art-house, and avant-garde filmmaking of world cinema.
Website Rank: 296,288
- Cinephilia & Beyond (http://cinearchive.org/ )
This a great resource for everything related to Cinema. From screenplays, interviews, videos grouped around themes, films or directors, behind the scenes and rare photos, you can find everything here.
Website Rank: 1,423,977
- Cinema5D (https://www.cinema5d.com/ )
In Cinema5D you will find latest information about the latest advancements in camera and filmmaking technology as well as industry news, reviews and analysis of cinema cameras and video DSLR’s. It is a great resource for filmmakers.
Website Rank: 45,828
- Observations on Film Art (http://www.davidbordwell.net/ )
This blog is an extension to a great book on Film, “Film Art by David Bordwell and Christin Thompson”. Both of them are celebrated film scholars and has an encyclopedic knowledge on films. This website contains their analysis on various aspects of film and filmmaking. This is a must visit website for every serious film student.
Website Rank: 523,418
- Taste of Cinema (http://www.tasteofcinema.com/ )
Everyone affected with serious Cinephilia will always need someone to suggest them more and more films to watch. Taste of Cinema is that friend. They regularly publish lists of films based on theme, genre, filmmaker, country, technique and various other categories. Their focus on world cinema and their variety of categories make them the mecca for cinephiliacs.
Website Rank: 17,318
10. Filmmakers Fans http://filmmakersfans.com/
Of course, the website run by us Filmmakersfans.com has included as many tutorials and articles on Filmmaking, Sound Designing, Cinematography, Film editing, etc. Also, we are Including frequently about the latest updates of Film submission alerts to various film festivals across the globe.
Random Lists of other 26 Best Websites For Filmmakers
- Action-Cut-Print Action-Cut-Print
- AFI Podcast http://www.afi.com/media/podcast.aspx
- The American Society of Cinematographers http://www.theasc.com/ac_society/index.php
- Art of the Guillotine – Online Film Community http://www.aotg.com/
- AWN – Animation Film Tutorial Website http://www.awn.com/
- B&H Photo, Video, and Pro Audio B&H Film Tutorial Blog http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
- BIGSTAR Movies Online Movie Website http://www.bigstar.tv/en
- ZapSplat Filmmaking Tutorial Blog http://www.zapsplat.com/
- Visual Effects Society Visual Effects Tutorial Website https://www.visualeffectssociety.com/
- Wired Design FX https://www.wired.com/video/series/design-fx
- Videvo https://www.videvo.net/
- The Treatment Elvis Mitchell’s Filmmaking Blog http://www.kcrw.com/news-culture/shows/the-treatment
- Tom Cruise’s Blog http://tomcruiseblog.com/
- Stage 32 https://www.stage32.com/welcome/20/
- Shanks FX
- Red Giant Red Giant filmmaking software blog https://www.redgiant.com/
- Philip Bloom Philip Bloom Filmmaking Blog http://philipbloom.net/blog/
- MovieMaker Magazine Movie Maker Magazine http://www.moviemaker.com/
- Noam Kroll Noam Kroll Filmmaking Blog http://noamkroll.com/
- Film School Rejects Film school Rejects http://filmschoolrejects.com/
- Go Into the Story Got Into the story http://gointothestory.blcklst.com/
- Independent Filmmaker Project –Independent Filmmaker Project http://www.ifp.org/
- IndieTalk Indie Talk http://www.indietalk.com/
- New York Film academy Student Resources New York Film academy Student Resources https://www.nyfa.edu/student-resources/
- Raindance Raindance http://www.raindance.org/articles/
- John August Filmmaker Blog John August Filmmaker Blog
Best Forums For Filmmakers