Writing a good film script is really a difficult task, it can’t be develop effectively within few days. Perhaps, it might takes some years to complete or it extends beyond that periodical limit. In short, a film script is the life-pulse of its creator- The script writer. That is the reason why It is Important To register the Film script.
Why it Need?
We all are social, while on writing the script you might sometimes excited or else you stuck in a point-less spot. Probably, you share it with your friend and that friend ‘Might be working in film Industry, We can guess what will happen next! Your initial brilliant-script Idea was thefted by your dearest friend. This is the one chance to lose the authenticity of your script. Another a chance of losing this authenticity happens, when you submit the script in-front of film producers or filmmakers for the approval. If they like your story and don’t want to deal with you further, they will prefer to steal your story than buying for a huge price. If something like that happens, how you claim for the compensation? No way, but YES you can! Only if you register the film script in a legitimate Method So, that is fundamental reason, why it is important to make a patent for film scripts.
Copyright law In India- Statement
Copyright is a form of intellectual property protection granted under Indian law to the creators of original works of authorship such as literary works (including computer programs, tables and compilations including computer databases which may be expressed in words, codes, schemes or in any other form, including a machine readable medium), dramatic, musical and artistic works, cinematographic films and sound recordings.
How to register a movie Script in India?
You can Register Your Film Script at Film Writers Association (FWA) located at west Andheri, Mumbai. Here are some mandatory Guidelines that recommended by Film Writers Association for registering the movie script.
- For registering the script, at first you take a membership of film writers association (Click Here To read Their Registration instructions ) Click Here To Sign Up/create account in FWA
- Both handwritten and Typed manuscripts are accepted For the Registration Process
- You can register the script through online or by directly depositing it in FWA office
- Cost of registering the film script in Online is quite higher than offline registration.
Offline Registration Fees
Rs 10.00 will be charged for the first five pages and Rs. 1.00 per page thereafter.
(No Postal mode of script registration Considered, if you want to register your script, walk in to the Film Writers Association, Headquarters, located at Andheri (West) Mumbai). Address Shown Below)
Online Registration Fees
Rs 10.00 will be charged for reviewing 0-350 words, also an additional fee of 50.00 Rs would be charged on every transaction.
Benefits of Registering Film Script
- You can submit story elsewhere fearlessly.
2. In case you really found that- without a prior permission your same story is used someone, you can then claim for the compensation. Normally a bollywood scriptwriter salary is ranging from INR 7, 000,00 to 25 000, 00. This salary range would constantly vary on the basis of Production Company and budget. Here, if you can prove the truth in front of the judiciary, certainly you can expect a good compensation that including the court expenses.
Things to Remember
For your Film Script Registration, never seek a help from solicitors or such independent legal service organizations. Literally, there is no use to seeking a help from them, because they can only register the film script as a way that you follows. Then why to waste more money? Think wisely!
The Film Writers’ Association
201/204, Richa, Plot no B – 29,
Off New Link Road,Opp.City Mall,
Andheri (West) Mumbai – 400 053,
Phone Number: +91 22 2673 3027 / 2673 3108
Nearest Metro station: D.N. Nagar Metro Station
-Thanks For Reading-
This Content was last updated in 26-08-2015