Home Box Office (HBO) announced the launch of HBO Asian Pacific American Visionaries, a short film competition started for showcasing the films of Asian-American Filmmakers. Among the list of film entries, three good films will be selected by a special team of jury members, which will be awarded with cash prizes and make their premiere at the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival held in April 2017 and also offered the opportunity to show their film to premiere exclusively on HBO channel.
The directors of the selected films will be awarded the following cash prizes:
1st place – $5,000
2nd place – $2,000
3rd place – $1,000
Last date to apply online: November 7, 2016.
Winners list announcing date: January 2017.
Good Thing: There’s no fee associated for submitting of the Film to this event.
Rules and Regulations for the film Submission
- The total Running time of the short film will be 10-15 minutes, inclusive of credits
- Short Films directed by a person of Asian or Pacific Islander descent only acceptable
- The filmmaker must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident 18 years of age or older, and of legal age of majority in his/her state of residence
- The film should have English Subtitles in case it is not in the English language
- Films certified on or after October 1, 2015 are acceptable
Click here to apply online to HBO Short Film Contest 2016
Watch Official Video: HBO Asian Pacific American Visionaries short Film Competition