The Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MOPR) is conducting a short film competition for recognizing the creative efforts towards presenting the best practices in Panchayats. Anyone with creative skills in video making can apply for this competition. The short film can be submitted in English, Hindi or any other language. The deadline to apply is September 30.
The Theme of the Short Film
The theme of the short film should be an inspirational story of Indian Panchayats zones highlighting the unique initiatives undertaken by the Panchayats or best practices followed in order to improve the quality of life of the villagers including socio-economic upliftment.
Duration of the Film
The duration of the Film is 90-18 Seconds.
Format of the Film
The Short Films shot in any technical format or camera set-up or in animation are acceptable for this short film competition by Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MOPR), India.
How to apply?
Download the application form and send it to the address given below. The candidates will have to furnish the following information to participate in Short Film contest application form.
- Title of the Film
- Details of the Panchayat (Where the story happens): Here the candidate has to mention the details of Gram Panchayat/ Block/ Intermediate Panchayat/ District Panchayat related to his/her success story.
- Total Duration of the film applying for the short film competition.
- At least 75 Words describing the synopsis if the film
- Language of the Film (Any Indian Language speaking short film is acceptable for the Competition)
- Original year of production
- Specify whether the film is in SD or HD format
- Specify whether the film is submitted in DVD or USB Drive
1st Prize: Rs 7.50 Lakh
2nd Prize: Rs 5 Lakh
3rd Prize: Rs 2.50 Lakh Each
Important Thing: The Ministry will give the award money for the winners through Bankers cheque/Demand Draft only in the name of the applicant.
The award money cheque may be issued in the name of a company or a Film production house only if it is stated to be so by the applicant in his application form.
Click here to download the application form.
Send the completely filled application form along with the DVD of the film in an envelope which mentioned “Entry Best Short film on Success Story of Panchayat Award contest” to the address-
Deputy Secretary (Media.
Room No. 127, First Floor
Sardar Patel Bhawan, Parliament Street
The application must reach on or before September 30